TERMS OF REFERENCE
The following terms of reference have been defined by the commission and approved by ICA:
- Define the topics of Mountain Cartography and promote the methods and knowledge of mountain cartography among scientists and professionals in cartography and related fields.
- Provide an updated, attractive web-portal with information about Commission activities, links to other events, theme-specific knowledge, related web-sites and bibliographic information.
- Discuss different issues about mountain cartography and map related representations in large scale topographic mapping, as similarity and differencies in symbolization and map design, technological issues, maps use, connections to Location-based Services (LBS).
- Continue the well-established workshop series.
- Promote publication activities (proceedings, web-proceedings, journal articles and special issues) and common research activities.